On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 01:31:02PM -0700, divya manian wrote:

> It does look good, but I don't think an iPad has the strength to
> withstand being a child's toy (Kindle does I think). As a child, I was

Our 4-year old hasn't destroyed an old G4 iBook we let him use
yet. After scratching all his children music CDs into oblivion,
he apparently has learned the trick of picking up and handling DVDs properly.

An iPad *is* pretty heavy though, and will not tolerate
the same treatment as a Leapster (which is tough enough to survive
a fall down two flight of stairs). A rubberized, light 7" Android
is probably a better match.