It is a terrific experience reading all your thoughts. To me, it appears that
most people, when talking about slowing down, are just referring to removing
clutter from their lives. It doesn't mean they are actually slowing down.
Indeed, in some respects they might be working harder on a few aspects of their
life than ever before! Of course, there is a good chance I'm mistaken in this
assumption.
For what it's worth, I too am slowing down in my own way. 2012 was the last time
we had TV at home. And this year, I'm planning to cut down significantly on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. There is a dynamic tension to this,
because I depend on social media to distribute my work and listen to others. So
I will still use these - but not on my mobile phone. For me, this is equivalent
to slowing down. I've just been reading Deep Work by Cal Newport, the Georgetown
Uni Computer Science Professor. And he is in praise of some radical retooling of
our calendars and priorities.