Apparently some of my messages are not getting through, I notice.

Faith

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clayton Family" <clay...@skypoint.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: CS>wayne-mail program

I used to use Eudora, then I got this mac that has it's own program... I want to thank you for your effort, and I'll check it out more thoroughly in the morning, do some finding.

I do use folders, filters, etc- I love them too, they make it easy to corral msgs where you want them. If I recieved Faith's msg in the first place, then it would be here, but it is possible I did not get all of them do to spam filters on my isp. I thought last time I checked with Mike, I as getting them all, but if I can't find her msg, then maybe I did not get it in the first place.

I'll look again in the morning,  thanks for everything,

kathryn

On Jul 23, 2007, at 10:54 PM, CWFugitt wrote:

Evening Kathryn,

>> At 08:17 PM 7/23/2007, you wrote:

I'll bite: which mailer do you use?

I use Eudora Ver 6.1 ....... I have version 7.0, installed it and found I did not like one or two features that slowed it down, so scrapped 7.0 and went back to the one I like. Have used Eudora since ver 1.0 or Ver 2 ( about 20 years ) I have bought a few versions but I hijack some of them.

Other mail programs likely have a decent search.

I have a hard time searching mine. I admit, I have not spent much time trying to figure it out, though. I have gotten frustrated, given up, and gone online to find it again.

  It takes about 20 to 30 seconds to figure out this search.
I made an image for you to see the search window and the 5 criteria inputs. You can, by one click of the mouse on a block that says,
More  and  another says Fewer ,  select how many to use.
http://www.fugitt.com/search.jpg
Take a look at the link.  I made the image just for you.

Don't give up so easy, .......... on anything.  <grin>

You should make mailboxes, folders and filters to make email a dream instead of a task. Most of my messages go into the right place and stay there. No manual work at all.
You don't loose messages if you do this.

Wayne