Hello Barbara,
Your observations about carbohydrate requirements are quite well taken. However, without being confrontational, one point might be of value to list members......while canines are carnivores, unlike felines they are not obligate carnivores. That is, many do exhibit the ability to partially digest various forms of carbohydrates....including forms of unprocessed vegetative matter. I state this not to be argumentive, but to NOT encourage persons feeding their dogs certain vegetable forms......to cease just because dogs can do well without them. The reason being that this ability to extract useful portions of beneficial juice-borne compounds from certain classes of vegetative matter-----has demonstrated to be vital in some health cases. This condition stands as useful quite beyond nutritional considerations.....especially considering possible pathogenic, parasitic and toxic insults. Lacking this ability, it would be fruitless to give them substances similar! to kelp meal.
Thank you for your commentary. Brooks.

br>

Subject : Re: CS>Maximizing Dog Health.....Minimizing cost

Date : Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:26:31 -0400

From : "Barbara" <barba...@tampabay.rr.com>

To : <silver-list@eskimo.com>

I have four Chihuahuas and I feed 100% raw diet since 1998.

Your adding the real food to your dogs diet is great but I will say that adding cooked oatmeal is not necessary because they already have the carbs in kibble. Dogs being carnivores have no need for carbohydrates at all.

Libby's story is a great example what good diet can do to get rid of cancer. You didn't say if Libby gets her chicken in addition to her kibble or is she eating it as her only food. Either way it is a great triumph and a testimony for the REAL foods.

Barbara

Our present, daily diet, regimen includes: 1.25 cups of a 38% meat product dry food, 1.5 cups of 70/30 raw milk/homogenized mix, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 7-to-8 oz raw chicken quarter, 1/4 cup whole fish (canned product), one large dry dog biscuit, one tablespoon marine kelp, one tablespoon 5 ppm CS, 1 teaspoon brewers yeast, one One-a-Day type

vitamin pill (crushed). All of the dogs are in peak health and look like slick seals.

Our vet bills have diminished from around $3000.00 per year circa 2000 A.D......to

essentially, nothing in 2007-----primarily (we believe) because of their diet.

Sincerely, Brooks Bradley

Get all the Hottest Artists on Your Cell Phone - Plus 10 Bonus Tones Today!
Find Your New Ringtone at Lycos Mobile.
-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour