At 11:17 AM 8/10/2007, you wrote:
Leave it up to the dogs. Put both on their plate and let them choose what they need.

Faith

I have put raw meat, cooked veggies and commercial dry dog food in three different bowls. All of mine eat the meat as a first choice, a few will eat the veggies all don't seem to even see the dry food as they ignore it.

Recently I had a dog I bred returned to me. He has been raised on a meat and bone diet with no table scraps. I offered him some left over mixed veggies and he reluctantly ate it (a couple of tablespoons) a couple of hours later it came back up. He did not try to re consume it.

Teri

Teri Johnston
Fireside Welsh Springer Spaniels
www.welshspringers.com