Hi Brooks,

I agree with what you said but also want to point out that there is nothing in
the plant matter that the dogs can not get in meat, bones and organs.  Meat,
bones and organ meats are the complete nutrition that dogs need to thrive.

Barbara

  Hello Barbara,
  Your observations about carbohydrate requirements are quite well taken.
However, without being confrontational, one point might be of value to list
members......while canines are carnivores, unlike felines they are not obligate
carnivores. That is, many do exhibit the ability to partially digest various
forms of carbohydrates....including forms of unprocessed vegetative matter. I
state this not to be argumentive, but to NOT encourage persons feeding their
dogs certain vegetable forms......to cease just because dogs can do well
without them. The reason being that this ability to extract useful portions of
beneficial juice-borne compounds from certain classes of vegetative
matter-----has demonstrated to be vital in some health cases. This condition
stands as useful quite beyond nutritional considerations.....especially
considering possible pathogenic, parasitic and toxic insults. Lacking this
ability, it would be fruitless to give them substances similar! to kelp meal.
  Thank you for your commentary. Brooks.

  br>