Hello, Wayne

You wrote:

My real questions is, if the tick is infected, how long does it have to remain attached before the >body is infected ? One minute, three minutes or 5 minutes?

One minute, very little possibilities.

One hour, some possibilities

One day, many possibilities

I my experience, and in many other persons and investigators' experience (including CDC and others, which are sometimes right), time has A LOT to do (in direct proportion) with the possibility of being infected by a tick, as does leaving mouth parts inside a person's skin.

In contact with a natural environment (mountain, sea, prairies, semi-desertic places, farms, etc.), where I have spent a good part of my 74 and 3/4 years, I and any other person with some experience will try to solve problems that arise in the best way we can. Stepping on a half buried river sting ray is no joke, a dozen large sea urchin's imbedded spikes not either, as not a joke either a forest fire that is surrounding a family house in a farm, or a half frozen person that got lost in the Andes mountains peaks and would for sure have died if left to what his body knew what to do.

As a swimmer (and lifeguard), and scuba diver, and fisherman, and sailboat passionate, I saved the life of many dozens of persons of all ages, including small children that were drowining just a few feet away from their mothers, while they very animatedly chatted to each other sitting right in front of them on the edge of the swimming pool, with their legs inside the water.

In the water, plains, mountain or wherever, in all cases I and many, many others (including you) have done the best we could in order to help ourselves or others. If in many cases we had left our own or somebody elses' body alone, withot help, do what it knows how to do, there for sure would be many sad relatives or friends mourning for additional unnecessarily lost ones.

In all these cases, and in dozens of others, I (and I am sure you too) have considered to act and try to do something about the problems when they arise, instead of assuming

"The body knows just what to do about that."

I believe the body of any live being also also knows just what to do about some available help in any moment. As a matter of fact, that is how any of us function every second of our lives. Food we get is help. CS we use is help. Making an effort in trying to lead a healthy life is help. Trying to find water to drink after being very much dehydrated is help. Drinking your own urine is help (and a big one...!) if you find no water.

Helping our body do what it knows how to do usually helps.

I am sure your (and also mine, in spite of Ehrlichiosis) way above average good health would not have been and would not be the same if you and I and many others would not at a given moment acted instead of just waiting to see what our body decided to do. Trying to learn, learning how to think clearly (not too common...) is trying to find help.
You wrote:

Many, many years back, when I got on the nutrition bandwagon many good things happened.

Trying to feel ourselves, trying to find out how we work, trying to lead a life which is in accordance to our human nature, which means in accordance with Nature, are all efforts that we make in order to help ourselves or others.

As soon as Adelle Davis started writing her books I started reading them. In spite of many mistakes she made (some serious ones), they helped me and many others to improve our health. As a matter of fact, they helped me to find out many instances where she was wrong.

Learning from our mistakes is one of the best helps we can get.

Your wide experience in many fields, your permanent disposition to help, your available archives and files, all of which have so much benefited me and countless others, is available help.

Thank you, Wayne.

Kindest regards,

Carlos