About April of this year, my 83 year old mother was informed she had high
mercury levels.  She is in very good health even travels abroad alone.   She
was ordered by her physician to stop eating fish.   This was difficult because
her staple diet was a canned tuna at lunch and fresh salmon at dinner.  She
certainly had a lot of variety but these were her staples.

This woman follows the doctors orders.  She stayed away from fish and began to
lose a lot of weight.  She felt it was because she was not getting her daily
Omega3 but her doctor did not see the need to do anything. Even something as
simple like adding flax seed to her morning porridge (another staple) so she
felt she was compensating for that loss.

I had other opinions and ways to reduce mercury levels but she followed her
doctors order and stayed off fish.  Her doctor told her not to worry about the
weight loss even though she is clearly underweight now.

She just had a blood test and was told that her mercury levels had returned to
normal.  Does this sound right?   ~Norine

Norine Twaddell CDBC, CPDT
www.dogventures.com