This whole issue is from, as stated below, using a Live Virus for the vaccine. Live virus vaccines always have collateral casualties. The decision to use them is based on the mistaken idea that the poor will not get vaccines, and since the live vv people will shed the live disease in the days and maybe weeks following vaccination, it is thought to give protection to the poor kids by giving them the weak form of the disease from the virus associated with the vac. This is called Protecting the Public Health.

My uncle nearly died from getting the flu vac when it first came out, it was a live vac.

Live whooping cough vacs also cause serious reactions and sometimes death in some babies that get them, but that risk is not associated with the Sauk type vacs, which are killed virus vacs.

In the old days, only killed virus vacs were preferred, as drs knew that injecting live virsus was a dangerous idea. Sabin refused to accept that, and kept at it until he produced a live virus vac, and for some political reason, it became the most used.

You can get flu vacs that are made with killed virus, and you can also get flu vacs made without thimerosol. I did get a flu vac a few years ago, without all that, and my doc uses a new method of injecting a drop or 2 into the forarm under the skin. This has been shown to cause the same antibody response as the full shot. Most docs do not like to order special stuff, becasue they have to buy a whole bottle, and only use it for one person. But they can. You might have more luck finding a dr that already uses them, you could try finding an environmental doc- there is a website for it, but I don't have the link.

Kathryn