Hiya Wayne & Kathryn,

Kathryn said:>
We have a basement here, as do nearly all of the houses. Lowering the humidity is a big concern, esp in the summer, when the humidity is very high most of the time, and we can't turn on the heat. We do run a dehumidifier at times ($$), but having a little ventilation in the basement has helped a great deal. I got the windows to open (a chore), and my husband put together a fan to fit in one of the opening, drawing air out. Also running a fan down there helps. Maybe we should get central air. Of course, you probably know all this already.

I'm in B'ham, AL (lots of humidity) and have an attic fan which helps tremendously with keeping the house aired out. Have to watch about using it during high humidity though. Also have to be sure at least 1 window is open before turning it on or it'll suck the ashes out of the fireplace into the den!! LOL Found that out the hard way! Not sure if log cabins have attics (depends on builder or owner I guess), but I like using it whenever possible instead of using the air conditioner and having everything closed up all the time. Sure helps the slight mustiness of the basement.

Ruth B.

I had this mucous tested and the report was,
Heavy production of "friendly flora".
Darn....... I knew that, or thought that.  But still doubt all the tests.

I also took the test results with a grain of salt. "Friendly flora" can get out of balance and become more like "friendly fire". If it is only that. My allergist that gave me the diagnosis said he does not rely on tests for sinus infections, as they are too unreliable. He finds his patients do much better just being treated with diflucan (which he says has the lowest incidence of liver problems, less than 1%, and is an old fashioned magic bullet for fungi). I am not recommending you do this, just telling you for your own information.

The MMS will zap the mucous in short order. I could tell a difference 4 hours after the first dose of 4 drops.
In 3 days, it was all gone.

Now, I wonder if I need the mucous.

One of my problems with the anaphylaxis IS the mucous. The sinus starts to run, it drips down the back of my throat, and after some time, the throat starts swelling up. That may be due to the composition of the mucous, possibly having some kinds of toxins in it, from the fungal colony in my sinuses. However, when I use the CS in my nose, it seems to head off the throat swelling. Your case may be different.

I think I mentioned, this is a log house with a million cracks in the ceilings and the walls. They are all airtight, but still enough space for all the fungus and mold to exist.

Hmm.... if there is drywall, there may be a primary source for really bad molds, I have even seem them eat through plastic intended as a vapor barrier. It just takes condensation to grow a nasty batch, does not even have to be a direct water leak. Toxic fungi will grow on wood, but it loves drywall. If the house is very old, then it might well be all in the wood.

I have decided an Ozone Generator is the only help.

I have an aranizer, and the staff were also very helpful. In high enough concentrations, it kills molds and I have even decontaminated spores and toxins with it. To do that took a very high concentration of ozone. Some ozone generators put out other compounds that are damaging to the lungs, but I did not notice a problem with this one, other than I had a detox reaction when I started using it- the ozone was killing stuff in me as I breathed it in. As I am much better now, I no longer have that reaction. I know of one woman who has permanent lung damage from using an ozone air cleaner in her bedroom all the time, not an aranizer. Also, I have heard it can turn rubber to dust after awhile. And cause damage to a houses' structure. Some people really don't like it, but I found it useful as part of my anti mold program.

There is always a chance this mold keeps my immune system
activated and souped up.

When I had toxic mold illness, I did not get sick with anything else, as my immune system was on very high alert all the time. I was sick as a dog from the mold, but that was apparently different. After I began recovering my health, I started catching things, and that is the normal progression with that illness, it meant I was recovering. Now with the CS, I am not catching much of anything anymore. I love that!

When I go somewhere else for a few days and a night or two, it is much better.

That is a good clue. Maybe you could look for a new place to move to. It is easier than remediating.

Best Wishes,

Kathryn