Hi Faith.  I think you are confusing the right to free speech with the right to
be rude.  Twisted thinking like that is what encourages people to behave badly
in public.  This is especially true in this day and age of cyber-societies,
where people can hide behind their computer and say what they want with
relative impunity.  I don't think that's what the founding fathers had in mind
when they created the doctrine of free speech -- that it be a vehicle for
people to attack other people without provocation.  You are, of course,
entitled to your opinion -- as am I.  MA