In message <6.1.2.0.2.20071117103244.02250...@mail.netdoor.com>, Wayne Fugitt <cwa...@netdoor.com> writes
I say that as soon as I feel that first unique feeling, I have a cold sore.

There's a commercially available gadget for cold sores that is basically a 9 volt battery in a hand held metal box with a short probe sticking out of it. The box is connected to positive and the probe tip to negative via a 1K resistor. You hold the case in your hand and touch the probe to the affected area and hold it there for between about 30 seconds and a minute.

The commercial version uses all manner of "extra" electronics and spin to justify a higher price.

Not sure how well it works.  I don't get cold sores.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com