> I have to agree with Smitty. This guy did not use the product correctly,
> producing some type of silver salts and used a lot of it. Smitty is
> right, there is no way in the world that true CS would do this - period.

Let's be realistic here, folks.

Back 14 years ago, nobody knew about anything *other* than 3 nine volt
batteries and "a pinch of salt" or other "starter," plus super-fast
brew times of only a few minutes to make 10 or 20 ppm. Those
preparations were characterized by silver particles *settling out*
after a few weeks!

That was back some 4 years before this mailing list was even formed.

Those exact instructions were circulated widely by preparedness
advocates during the build-up to Y2K, despite efforts by some of our
members and other silver advocates to spread the word that using any
kind of "starter" (salt, saline, baking soda, tap water, etc...) was a
bad idea.

There are people who followed those instructions to the letter, drank a
lot of what they made, and may yet be at risk of turning blue from the
silver *compounds* that they made in too-high concentrations.

*ALL OF IT* was called "colloidal silver" back then, no matter the
details of the recipe. You can say that they were not making "true CS,"
but since the term is almost meaningless in its generality it's not
that convincing of an argument.

We've been advocating pure water, pure silver, long brew times and low
concentrations almost since the inception of the silver list. Certainly
so in the last 7 or 8 years. Some of our members even coined the term
"EIS" for electrolytic isolated silver, or somesuch phrase, to try to
distinguish what we recommend from the huge mash-up of product types
out there, all called "colloidal silver."

So, it's probably best to focus on the "primitive methods" or "obsolete
recipes" that have led to these results. As of yet, our conservative
methods and low concentrations have yet to produce a case of argyria.
When or if they ever do, I want to hear about it...

Be well,

Mike D.