  From: Paula Perry
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 7:20 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>The Blue Man (Agryria) - Any Comments?

  I think the most valid reason for what you call the "nanny state" is NOT to
protect consumers. It's government and corporate interest merger. Government
agencies, especially of late, work primarily to protect industry profits and
monopolies. Lawyers and suing are just part of a little side show. It has
gotten tougher and tougher to beat big insurance and big pharma racket. Sure
take the wrong leg off during an operation you are likely to collect something
if you live long enough. Might be better to have the leg. A lot of new
legislation is now in force that protects pharma and places limits on what
people can collect for damages. Most people damaged by pharma drugs and
surgeries and infections related to hospitals don't collect a dime. Behind that
anti lawyer spin are a lot of big insurance and big pharma talking heads. How
many people have collected damages for too hot of coffee since that one case
was fully exploited by the corporate controlled media? Probably none.
  Paula