  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:37 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Pacemaker - Salts good and bad

  Faith, if you have good sea salt, i.e. it hasn't been refined and heated and
denatured out of all usefulness, it would be good for you if you did take it.
Celtic sea salt is recommended, also Himalayan, which I understand to be
similar to RealSalt in the US, which I am not familiar with myself.

  I had a quick look for some sites to save you a bit of time, and came across
this rather pertinent remark:
  1. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, contrary
to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually
essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water.
Naturally the proportions are critical.

  2. Salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the
body, particularly the brain cells.

  This was on
http://evidenceofhealing.blogspot.com/2006/01/high-mineral-sea-salt-one-of-gods.html

  It also said:
  4. Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in the
body. It is used for local power generation at the sites of energy needed by
the cells.

  5. Salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and information processing
all the time that the brain cells work, from the moment of conception to death.

  20. Salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the body is short of salt,
it means the body really is short of water. The salivary glands sense the salt
shortage and are obliged to produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing
and swallowing and also to supply the stomach with water that it needs for
breaking down foods. Circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood
vessels become "leaky" in order to supply the glands with water to manufacture
saliva. The "leakiness" spills beyond the area of the glands themselves,
causing increased bulk under the skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the
neck.

  21. Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs. Some of
these elements are needed in trace amounts. Unrefined sea salt is a better
choice of salt than other types of salt on the market. Ordinary table salt that
is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its companion elements and
contains additive elements such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and
porous. Aluminum is a very toxic element in our nervous system. It is
implicated as one of the primary causes of Alzheimer's disease.

  REAL SALT is from the salt mines in Utah and has about 50 trace minerals,
including iodide. This salt flows like table salt, but the taste is so much
more mild.

  If you would like to know more about natural sea salt and water and
alternative healing methods being brought about by the use of these two natural
products, please visit Water Cure and Water Cure 2. Water Cure 2 is a site
whose creator was so thankful for the healing he received from this simple
protocol that he created this site to share what he learned from Fereydoon
Batmanghelidj, M.D., author of Your Body's Many Cries for Water, You're Not
Sick Your Thirsty, Water Rx for a Healthier Pain-free Life and several more on
this same topic.

  If what the cardiologist told you kept you away from ordinary table salt (I
have heard it called Morton's by Americans; I don't live in the US) then that
was likely a good thing, but you do need salt, i.e. whole salt, not heated.

  http://www.healthfree.com/celtic_sea_salt.html   said: Well, all the medical
and scientific studies condemning table salt would appear to be justified,
except for the fact that these studies examined only refined white salt, a
biologically damaging, completely unnatural and chemicalized substance. In the
industrial refining process, as many as 82 trace minerals and essential macro
nutrients are forcibly removed, leaving only a single compound made of sodium
and chlorine.  . . . .  Celtic Sea Salts produced without refining, oven drying
or chemical additives for the best possible Organic Health. The salt normally
used in most homes and restaurants (refined table salt) is very different from
unrefined Sea Salt. Table salts are mined from the earth with bulldozers and
heavy machinery, and then iodized, bleached, and diluted with anti-caking
agents. Chemicals are added to refined salt in the processing and all the
beneficial minerals and trace elements that are found in natural Celtic Sea
Salt are removed.

  For most of my life, Faith, I too believed what I was told about salt.  In
any case, if I had used a lot of salt, it would have been denatured table salt.
 It is only in the past few years that I have learned about natural salt, and
when I regularly drink (filtered) water with a little brine prepared from
Himalayan salt in it, I feel much better and more hydrated.  When I was first
given a taste of the natural salt, celtic probably, it tasted almost sweet on
my tongue.  Certainly nothing like the harsh, strong taste of table salt.

  If you ever come across information about the Salt-and-Vit C treatment that
many people with Lyme Disease use, you will learn a lot more about the
usefulness of good salt.

  I hope you continute finding useful information which helps your health
status, and wish you well.

  Rowena

  PS:  The cardiologist told me to stay away from salt becasue it constricts
  blood vessels, so I almost never use it.  I do not salt my food and rarely
  use it in cooking.  I've gotten used to it.  i bought a little sea salt but
  do not use it very much.  But come to think of it, I've had my electrolytes
  checked and they were fine.