Ode Coyote wrote:

  HUH?
Pop corn *pops* because the hard shell allows heated internal
water to create enough steam pressure to explosively rupture the shell
....like throwing a can of peas into a campfire.
It's natures  little steam
bomb.
That is conventionally popped corn. This is not conventionally popped, and there is insufficient heat for it to be. The only possibility is disassociation popping, which requires no heat, and trivial energy.
A poorly designed locomotive boiler.
The moisture content of pop corn
is very closely checked for that reason.
If it's too dry or too wet
inside, it won't pop. [Too dry, not enough steam..too wet, weak shell ]

thought everyone knew that as being obvious.
What is obvious is that a few milliwatts of microwave energy is insufficient to heat corn hot enough to create steam. If that corn is truly popping, and it is not a hoax, then it is NOT from steam.

It takes a high energy input
rate to make that much internal steam pressure fast enough.
Yes it does, that is why it is not possible that it is popping from steam and heat.
Not high enough
temperature / fast enough and the steam that *is* generated [if any]
doesn't make enough pressure, softens the shell and the kernel just cooks and
dries out without popping.
 The oils used transmit BTUs evenly to the
kernels, thus faster, when stove top popping corn.
You are making the same argument I am, it cannot be steam. Not enough energy. So why are you hung up on ascribing the obviously impossible build of of steam as the cause of the popping?n It isn't steam when popping using intersecting scalar waves toat creates the pressure, it is hydrogen and oxygen gases.

Eggs cook with very
little energy input, so if an egg won't cook, popcorn doesn't have a *prayer*
of popping.
Not true. Corn pops from pressure, not heat. Steam is just one possible source for pressure. If you could get yeast to grow inside a kernel, and the CO2 get trapped it would pop as well, with no heat at all. Same is true if you disassociate water inside the kernel with scalar waves, plenty of high pressure gas, no heat, very little energy.
..and if you input enough energy into a whole egg fast enough,
it'll pop too. [Put one in your microwave some time..never tried deep
frying one in smoking hot oil and I don't believe I will. ]
Yes it will, bur I don't see what that has to do with popping corn with intersecting scalar beams that disassociate water.

Marshall

Ode

 At