A magnatron with the business end "right there" under the table pointing straight up so as not to fry the observers would be my guess. I put 4 kernels of popcorn in my 1200 watt microwave for 40 seconds and nothing happened. In fact 4 kernels didn't pop in 3 minutes, so there's some other factor involved with concentrating the energy enough so that microwave popcorn will pop in a microwave.. Long ago i tried that in my moms microwave and the dish cracked just before the kernels popped.

Divide that 1200 watts of energy by 3 [cell phones] and, at *least*, you'll feel a hot spot on your head and the kernels still won't pop.

It's unlikely that the cell phone batteries contain enough energy to transmit that much energy long enough to super heat water into explosive steam without going flat, never mind the amperage limits of the circuits.

"BOGUS"  !!!!

Ode