Dear Jim,

> This looks very similar to my colloidal silver generator design and
> therefore I suggest that you look for silver crystals forming on the
> negative wire as an indication that the ionic silver solution has become
> saturated.  This may take 2 days and depends on other factors like
> temperature, the quality of the distilled water and the phase of the
> moon.

Heh, then maybe that's where I got the idea? Might have come from some
discussion we had on the list a few years ago. <grin>

> I would also question the use of a solid state regulator at this low
> power supply voltage.  This device is rated a 25 volts and I suspect
> that you loose more than 1 volt turn on threshold.  The minimum knee
> impedance is listed at 6 volts and the maximum limiting voltage is 1.00
> volts.  This means that you do not get 3 volts to the electrodes at
> rated current.  You might want to measure this to make sure, I am just
> guessing.  With my design I just use a 4.7 K ohm resistor and that seems
> to work fine.

I've been metering this first run. I got very close to the battery
voltage across the electrodes at an initial current of under 50
microamps. After approximately 12 hours the current was only up to 150
microamps or so, only 55% of the alleged current limit, with the same
or very similar voltage reading.

So, from all that, I'm not sure my "diode" regulator is doing much at
all. If I run a batch for a couple of days, as you say, it'd tell me
whether the thing functions at all, or if it, rather than the
conductivity of the water, is limiting the current.

I might be able to speed things up by swapping in a 9V battery. It
would be worth a try.

> Another comment is that the Hanna PWT seems to give a 1 to 1
> correspondence of uS to silver PPM when making silver at these low
> voltages and currents. If making good colloidal silver is important,
> then it is worthwhile to spend $60 for this meter.  It also lets you
> test the quality of the distilled water.

Agreed, the PWT is the right tool. I still have only the TDS-1, which
is barely useful.

Thank you, sir.

Be well!

Mike D.