Look at the language used....it has no real meaning.

Reviews in the scientific literature on colloidal silver products have concluded that<http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/#2>2-5: * Silver has no known function in the body. [and is therefore essentially non toxic, unlike copper or zinc ] * Silver is not an essential mineral supplement or a cure-all and should not be promoted as such. [ But cure *some* isn't good enough to be the least bit useful] * Claims that there can be a "deficiency" of silver in the body and that such a deficiency can lead to disease are unfounded. [ Absolutely, see statement #1, that's a "plus" ..and the common claim, a lie. But a lie doesn't eliminate whatever may be true. ] * Claims made about the effectiveness of colloidal silver products for numerous diseases are unsupported scientifically. [ But not not supported unscientifically in the absence of "scientific studies". That silver ions do in fact kill virtually every virus and bacterium known to man IS supported scientifically. Look up " Oligodynamic properties of silver" in virtually any scientific tome. The "application" has not been studied, but has been experienced by many many people who aren't scientists....and some who are, but haven't published the results in a triple blind study form that's accepted AS a study. Besides that, what HASN'T been studied is INFINITELY greater than what has, in EVERY field.] * Colloidal silver products can have serious side effects (discussed further <http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/#d>below). [ IF you manage to "retain" a threshold amount of silver, which only 1 in 2,000 "silver industry workers" manage to do and researchers have expressed extreme frustration at being unable to when attempting to accomplish that feat even with injections at thousands of PPM of silver compounds, then, you "might" have a problem. That's like saying "speed kills" without saying what speed or how fast the stop. "Can have" means nearly nothing when the odds are 1 in a hundred million and still count.] * Laboratory analysis has shown that the amounts of silver in supplements vary greatly, which can pose risks to the consumer. [ Vary greatly in what direction, how often? So, don't "buy" it, make it in such a way that you know what it is. Usually, the silver content errs on the low to nearly absent side making it as safe as water and only slightly more effective. The greatest "risk to a consumer" is getting ripped off. "Sometimes" it can vary quite high, but that would be MSP or some silver compound, not "Colloidal Silver" as, again misdefined by most makers who also lump different things into the same categories with the same unscientific meaninglessness of the entire FDA statement of nonfacts. ]

The FDA issued a ruling in 1999 that no products containing colloidal silver are generally recognized as safe and effective. [ When did that mean it was *unsafe and ineffective* when the ruling is about *recognition*, and no one making that statement has even TRIED to recognize a danged thing, one way or the other? The ruling was clearly "engineered" to mislead one into thinking it says something that it doesn't. ]

Reject any proof that doesn't meet unachievable standards and ignore all evidence. People... are a myth, not generally recognized as existing.

The People wanted us to make a decision and a statement, so here it is: " WE have decided to not decide, but to make it appear that we have to those who can't *read* well enough to tell when something stated in pure double talk doesn't mean anything at all "

  What the FDA is saying is this:

" We don't know and we don't want to know " so "Have a big giant loophole so you can do what you want so long as you don't lie and make claims we can't support with a total lack of knowledge and then blame us for being just as ignorant as we know we are, but YOU can't accept "

" WE have no indication of any significant possible harm when this substance is used within reason, but by the same token promoted by this nonsense, we know what saying so leads to nonsensical lawsuits if something does crop up WAY against the odds, by people who act with complete ignorance, believing anything that they're *led to believe* something means...like this...misleading nonsense does and was written to do. If you haven't figured this out, you don't know what reason is..never mind...play it safe. "

" We aren't ever GOING to know, because proof that we'll accept is too expensive for the amount of money than can be made on it" PERIOD.

" It cannot Pay to find out, so we ain't gonna "

" Yer on yer own if we didn't manage to put a ghost in yer empty head with complete nonsense " .... Thereby weeding out those who DO have some sense and letting them carry on as they will, so long as blatant lies aren't used to rip people off into FTC land. If you can't think clearly enough to see this ruse, you have been stopped from *needing* to think clearly...as intended.

IOW If you can't decide for yourself when and how to cross the street, stay at home. If you leave anyhow and get run over by the only car on the planet, not our problem...yes, there is a danger. [unqualified ]

The whole thing is a "Blind eye, CYA " [cover your ass ] propaganda ploy to eliminate liability for not knowing anything at all, when "people" EXPECT the FDA to know ....everything.

IOW A "dodge"...done by professionals... selling unneeded faith in the FDA where it feels no need to even be involved, but does feel a need to maintain "appearances" of authority to those that look to them for it.

Ode