From: M. G. Devour
Date: 17/07/2008 12:03:49
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>How do I defend CS against this website?

Careful, Dee! <smile>

You write:
> Well no, it won't if the virus is multi celled.

Viruses, by definition, are not even one-celled. They are large
molecules of DNA or RNA, possibly with a protective coating of one sort
or another. They are *much* smaller and less complex than any actual
cell.

> Everyone should know that CS only kills single celled varieties of
> bacteria and viruses and no-one claims that it does that I know of.

Bacteria are *only* single celled organisms.

Now, if you want to talk about parasites, then at least some of them
will be multi-cellular!

> However, it is highly effective in treating these forms as everyone on
> this list knows.  Dee

It is effective on nearly all bacterial infections. That we know. It
seems to be effective on some viral infections at certain times -- for
example, it seems you can stop a cold with CS if you catch it early
enough. On the other hand, I can believe Scott's report of it not
wiping out an established infection. It may have in some cases, but
he's not alone.

CS may also be effective against some single celled pathogens besides
bacteria, like yeast or fungus, but, as I think you intended to say, it
is generally ineffective with more complex, multi-cellular organisms.

I hope that clears things up a little!

Be well,

Mike D.