On Wednesday 20 August 2008 2:43 pm, Faith Gagne wrote:
> I do not like Microsoft either.  I must have 70 or more updates from
> microsoft installed on my computer and I have no say whether they are
> installed or not.  Some of them cannot be removed.  I thought Linux was for
> techies only otherwise I would have become a linux user years ago.  I am
> NOT a techie.  Faith G.

Hi Faith.

It is true that in the early days of Linux it was for geeks or "techies" only.
However that is no longer true. Like you, I am not a "techy" and I use Linux
for everything I do on my computer and have for years. I don't want to take
up list time and space with this very OT subject, but ,if you (or anybody
else) would like some additional information on installing and using Linux,
you can email me privately at the address below.
--
L T R
Registered linux user # 280295