On Oct 21, 2008, at 12:13 PM, indi wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:16:22 -0500
Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:39 AM, indi wrote:

Seriously, it may make a vast difference if one cares about the
well-being of people in general. Like my Mother, for whom "the
doctor said so" is right up there with "it's in the bible". Or my
best friend, dead now because the doctors were "the authority", and
I with my silver was "crazy" and "probably experiencing a placebo
effect".

Yes, I'd like to see a community of caring people who are not
anti-intellectuals attempt to nail down enough credible,
scientifically-oriented evidence to make a compelling case that
could then be taken seriously enough to prompt some federal grant
for further investigation which might yield some compelling
scientific facts.

There has been quite a bit of research by various universities. A
"compelling case" that could be taken seriously by whom? is the
question.

Well, the FDA would be a really nice start. Or the equivalent agencies
in other countries. I think I've read some things that indicate that
Sweden and Australia may already be heading toward acceptance of CS
(short on time right now, I could be naming the wrong countries).
The World Health Organization would be really great. :)

The FDA is one of the agencies I was referring to in my paragraph below. They seem to have one company that they are not blocking in developing certain silver applications, but are definitely hostile to many others. I heard about one CS supplier that was raided by them with guns drawn, etc, and they "confiscated" the silver solutions that were packaged for shipment. One would think they were after terrorists, the way they behaved.

The IRS is another agency that has gone off half cocked in a similar fashion, breaking many laws in the process as well.

The World Health Org has it's own prejudices. You could check in to the abuses by baby formula makers, and also abuses by Big Pharma in testing vaccines on the poor of the world. Not saying it is their fault, but the decisions they make affect lots of people, even if they are well meaning, there is some harm done.

There are those who have a vested interest in promoting
their own products to the exclusion of all others, and they are well
funded and have quite a bit of political power. There has been a case
made for ongoing corruption in various federal agencies, several of
which would not withstand much scientific scrutiny.  It all seems to
do with money, and who is going to be making a bundle off of what
product, and through supression of competitor's products.  This world
is not much fun for us pollyanna types.

Best Wishes,   Kathryn

True, but as we approach total melt-down, and more and more people have
to "do without" medical care, it seems likely to me that eventually we
will see some reforms. The U.S. appears to be approaching the end of a
very long and sophisticated game of Monopoly. When there's no-one left
to fleece, what will "they" do?

I guess they will tell us to click our heels together three times and chant "There's no place like home" . They already tell people their illnesses are all psychological with no basis in physical problem, so it is not too far to go. And they say WE are the crazy ones- right! -Kathryn

Cheers,
indi