but what if they regurgitate their stomach contents in the meanwhile? I have a little tool which is like a sewing machine foot. You just hook it under the little bug...r and twist and off it comes with everything intact. Mind you, here in the UK it seems to be only the dogs that get these mainly as we don't have a lot of them only in sheep country. dee