Hi Gina,

This is not meant as a jab in any way, in case it first comes across like one,
but I was wondering what your opinion, as a layperson like myself, might be
about vitamin D and Lyme non-spirochetal bacterial forms.

 Lida Mattman, Dr. Trevor Marshall and others seem to think that avoiding
vitamin D is a crucial part of regaining health for someone with Lyme disease
or having other chronic health conditions involving L-form bacteria.

http://bacteriality.com/about-the-mp/

 Bryan Rosner, author of several books on Lyme disease, has used the Marshall
protocol with reportedly good results and even credits it for getting him over
the final hurdle. (I wonder if he has really crossed the final hurdle though)

My own take on this so far has been that the Marshall Protocol seems more or
less unsubstantiated, in any large way, and could even be quite risky due to
the protocol's suggestion of a complete vitamin D deprivation/avoidance
strategy.

 I have opted, so far, to avoid heavy vitamin D supplementation but certainly
don't hide from the sun, although I do not make a point of purposely exposing
myself to the sun for vitamin D creation. I guess I try to run things pretty
much down the middle and avoid the extremes at both ends of the spectrum.

How do you approach this? Do you totally disagree with the premise of the
Marshall Protocol? Sometimes, I feel inclined to do this myself but don't want
to mess myself up either.

If anyone else can throw in their own two cents, please do. I have been a
fence-sitter on this issue for some time so I'd love to get some opinions from
others who have had a chance to study it themselves!

Many thanks!

Peter