In a message dated 1/2/2010 1:44:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jonellis.steven...@gmail.com writes:

I don't  believe Arm & Hammer, Lois.  Pure Sodium bicarbonate can be found
in  most health food stores and at _drclark.net_ (http://drclark.net/)  or
_drclark.com_ (http://drclark.com/)  - where I buy  mine.

John
I guess I do believe their label & the answer to  my e-mail. They even list
the amount of sodium content { Look sodium up in the  dictionary}... They
also list uses & one of the uses is medicinal---both  internal & external
paste...I'm 72 & I remember it being used in our  family on the farm when I was
a youngun. The paste was used when we were near  the house if we got a bee
sting...If we were out exploring  we used mud...  I have used it with all my
kids. Just put it in my Epsom salts bath  yesterday...We use it in place of
store bought stuff for indigestion  upsets.
{{ I really doubt the label would list the  medical uses if it were not a
pure product. }}  Lois