You might want to take some slow release Vit C I use Quest timed release Vit
C just before I go to bed.

Seems Vit C only helps absorb iron with meals and you should tolerate the
slower release of the Vit C as well.

I have high ferritin in the 400 range (though lower at 300 now, but still
fighting infections, though now suspect some thyroid/adrenal problems, being
low) but blood levels of iron down and no huffing and puffing like I used to
or liver pain.

Took a while for the doctor figures out the high iron was the problem
(gluten intolerant people normally have low iron so he thought I might be
helped my joins and did not increase my iron.  Still work to do with
adrenals and thyroid, but having problems with proper testing of the
adrenals as my low temperature to him is not consistent enough.  In week it
has only been just over 98 twice. Mostly in the 96 to 97 range.  Getting a
new thermometer and making a specific chart to show him that it is mostly on
the low side and I have other symptoms relating to low thyroid (though the
thyroid productions might be OK but not assimilated because of the low
adrenals) but this is an upward problem to get the doctor to acknowledge
that this might be a problem.

Louise

> Soon to be 64, female, 20 years post surgical menopause, no hormone
supplementation until last year, have some osteoporosis and osteopenia
diagnosed by dexa scan, improved (or at least not worsened) two years later
with second dexa scan. I have not shrunk either, in fact from dr.office
height measurements I may have heightened by about 1/16 to 1/8 inch.
> Have never taken high dose vit C because my bowel tolerance maxes out at
250 to 500 mg once a day. For the past two years I've taken virtually no vit
C because it increases iron absorption, which I do not need, as I already
donate blood to keep ferritin under control.