And speaking of plaque, see this:

http://www.j-alz.com/press/2010/20100106.html

Researchers claim that cell phone radiation eliminates beta-amyloid plaque in mice. The probable mechanism is not clear from the article.

Based on other research I have read, I wonder whether EM radiation is disabling or destroying some pathogen, thereby allowing the natural immune system to break down and clear the neural plaque. Researchers in the UK report success with magnetic treatments, and a brilliant MD named Y. Omura claimed effective electromagnetic therapy for Alzheimer's symptoms more than a decade ago.