The ridges on the edge concentrate edge discharge, limiting current density without overloading the Nernst Diffusion layer and the centers and backside do almost nothing.
 Those ridges will dissolve pretty fast making them somewhat better, however.
A bit fiddly to mount.

IOW It'll take longer to do it right, but you can do it for a very long time...and even if done "wrong", the EIS/CS still works.

In a pinch with a glass of rainwater and a half dead car battery? I'd use the heck out of them.

Ode