*I stopped by the local Indian Grocery, very cool place.  Clean, well
organized, good scents, not like the Chinese Groceries that smell of rotting
socks and dead fish, hehe.

Anyway, my eyes were treated to rows and rows of bulk, high ORAC herbs and
spices, as far as the eye can see.  I picked up a huge bag of /ground
cloves/ (powder) for almost nothing, this is expensive stuff, cloves are
very medicinal.  I purchased some type of powder for brushing your teeth,
about the only thing English on it was "Teeth good clean". Worth a try for a
buck. I picked up some soaps to try, one is only Neem, Soap, Camphor, what a
great combination for soap.  Another bar I got said only "Medicine Soap",
and had 18 herbs and spices in it, can't wait to try that. One bar of soap
was called "Swastika Soap", I had to buy that. Of course it has the
non-reversed swastik, which is a symbol of purity, and life, not the
reversed Nazi one. I plan on dropping the wrapper in front of a Synagoge.
(just kidding)* *

I bought 2 boxes of pure, natural camphor.  Each box contains 20 individual
packets at 10 grams each, so that's actually quite a lot of pure 100%
camphor. Couple squares in each closet and we're good to go with that.  You
can easily melt it down for whatever you want as well, make your own stuff
like Steve says. Very strong scent, I love it.  They had giant bags of
Turmeric, which I recommend people purchase and add to as many dishes as
possible, it's a potent liver cleanser and high ORAC product. I keep a 1
pound sack on hand, and anything in my home that I cook has a yellow tint.
<grin>  I sort of treat my kitchen like an apothecary, I'm basically making
healing substances for people when I cook, and treat it as a sacred
endeavor.* *

The shop had a good vibe, and in fact most stuff in there was pretty high
vibration. Unlike the cursed trash from dark corporations in most US stores,
this place was actually energetically pleasant to shop in. (Cal. 500) * *
bodhisattva wrote:*

I get cayenne real cheap at my local Indian store. Cumin seeds were a
bargain. You might find these smaller darker chickpeas in yours. They have
more fiber and are more primitive. Eating them is almost like eating brown
rice. You have to chew. They have lots of unique beans. I see mung beans
which I think the Indians eat rather than sprout

I like their low heat cayenne...30,000 unit is ideal. Just consume more if
you want spicier.

NOW foods has Camphor
oil<http://www.google.com/products?hl=&q=now+camphor+oil&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS358US358&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=CrQGTJSiAYKClAf46vjYCg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CD4QrQQwAg>
xxxxx  I will look in the local Indian store for camphor

garrick