50/60 Hz is nowhere near ultrasonic.
Methinks you be reading the power input label, not what it outputs.

Ultrasound is cyclic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound>sound pressure with a <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency>frequency greater than the upper limit of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human>human <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_%28sense%29>hearing. Although this limit varies from person to person, it is approximately 20 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertz>kilohertz (20,000 hertz) in healthy, young adults and thus, 20 kHz serves as a useful **lower** limit in describing ultrasound.

You can hear 60 Hz "60 cycle hum" the bane of music lovers the world round...unless it's 50 cycle hum.

Like with "push/pull" audio amplifiers, I imagine that the sound wave pressures are both positive and negative .... alternating pressure/vacuum cycles.
Ultrasonic Cleaner ...at the doggie brain wash frequented by jewelry.
Essentially a good audio amp cranked to the max, a piezoelectric tweeter and mind bendingly screaming loud bat music, all played in a bowl of water.

Ode