From: Victoria Welch [mailto:vi...@oz.net]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 1999 7:58 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>ALERT

Mercer wrote:

> so it's TRUE???

I don't know for sure if it is true, but with the way our "government"
works, it would come as absolutely no surprise at all.  We're too stupid
to do anything ourselves, we need some politician / bureaucrat and an
agency with a SWAT team (any of them anymore I think) to be sure we do
what is "best for the whole" and most especially "what is good for the
children".  Just give up a little more freedom and all will be well.
Don't worry, be happy, your government will take care of you.

Yes, I am disgusted with it all.  There was some TV program on a while
back relating to problems with airbags in cars and the nightmare that
people (esssentially very short and were more likely to be injured by
the airbags than saved by them) had to go through to have them either
disconnected or a switch installed to disable them.  A politician /
bureaucrat they were interviewing seemed shocked that people were not
willing to "go along with the greater good" and continually emphasized
that individual freedoms *must* be given up for the "greater good of the
whole".  I personally found it rather chilling.

I'm going to take my morning stroll and will stop by the local
suplements store an ask about the CS thing.  Will post results when I
get back.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net