Wading through the "sales speak"...........

You could probably do the same thing with two dish pans of salt water, a 9 volt battery or combinations to get a voltage you can feel switch on and off and a variable potentiometer to fine tune it ...and a push button switch for frequency...reverse the polarity every few minutes. You can do polarity reversals by cross wiring a dual pole double throw toggle switch [$2 ]

It's not likely that 7.83 Hz means anything not just pulled out of a hat and 4-40 Hz will do just as well.

"Reducate" the pathways...I've seen paralysis recovery happen in stroke sufferers using a barbecue igniter to send a signal to the brain to locate the nerve end again in a different spot..like a game of "Marco Polo"

"Hey brain!  I'm over here, find me"

Could be external stimulation could tell a nerve path where it's leaking and cause it to build up more insulation at that spot.

Nerve impulses are electro-chemical in nature.. I seriously doubt that the ReBuilder can detect them at all. It might just be adjusting to the galvanic effect and electrolyte conductivity to keep the current delivered constant. Neurotransmitters are the electro-chemicals..no "electricity" jumps any gaps...but a higher than natural current will likely simulate an over production to swamp out the DC current input...ie..go over the new baseline, redefining what neutral is. The 5 nanos mentioned would be similar to the Nernst Diffusion layer on CS maker electrodes with the 40 nanos being the diffusion distance available outside the main reaction zone. [The electrode spacing] When you make or break a DC impulse or reverse polarity, it takes a moment to re-establish the new base line and you "wiggle" a bit. The electro-chemicals are fast, but not instant. [about 1/50th of a second max cycle rate in a given chain ] The same thing happens with a reversing polarity generator, only those electro-chemicals re-define a lot slower [about 20 seconds]

A TENs Unit probably dulls pain by keeping the junctions chemically confused...changing the base line faster than the electro-chemical reactions can take place. [Google Google] Yup. "Generally TENS is applied at high frequency (>50 Hz) with an intensity below motor contraction (sensory intensity) or low frequency (<10 Hz) with an intensity that produces motor contraction.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcutaneous_electrical_nerve_stimulation#cite_note-1>[2] "

But motor contracting frequency is limited by the electro-chemical reaction time limits of about 50 Hz..faster than that ...with enough current [intensity]... and the muscles will probably just contract and seize..creating a variable constant muscle tension like the body does to protect an injury.

The Rebuilder is most likely just like a TENs unit, only it automatically adjusts the current to a given set point according to a variable combination of conductivities...like a current controlled CS generator...whereas a TENs is manually adjustable.

I've heard Steven Barwick make the claim that controlling a CS process "properly" requires an expensive micro computer [and that's why his $200-$400 generators don't bother to do that...to save you money by not using simpler methods or a $2 microprocessor ] You CAN do it with a microprocessor, but you don't have to. It's not that complicated. [IOW BS to sell you less for more.. like jacking up a price tag then drawing a slash through it and posting the regular price, calling that a "sale" at a good price compared to something better and cheaper you can get elsewhere] Getting PRECISION is a lot easier with a computer, but how much does it matter when NOTHING else in the *use* of the devise, is precise? [Like cutting fire wood with a surgical laser? ]

Conductive socks? Probably silver impregnated "odor eater" socks. [Or soak regular white cotton socks with salt water ]

I bet I could duplicate the functionality of the ReBuilder by modifying a PocketPuppy CS Generator for less than $200 Variable square wave AC Frequency, variable Current, variable DC on/off cycles and a bypass capacitor to lop off voltage spikes ["Noise Cancellation" ] and round off wave corners that can be a bit sharply painful with the *sudden* changes. [The biggest spikes are generally on the corner of the square wave ]

Doing all that makes CS making more complicated, though.

Ode