Hi folks!

First off, I hope David has been able to get into the web site and see
the change... It's working as far as I know, David. The problem you had
looks like it may have just been a transient.

Carol and others, I REALLY do understand the appeal of Yahoo or Google
groups as a platform for a forum like this, and I will continue to
consider them going forward, as a fallback if nothing else.

My most urgent reason for never going to one of those options before
now was a desire to never place us at the mercy of someone else's
opinion of whether our group deserved to exist, and, in the extreme
case, to not be one of the countless thousands of groups that would
instantly disappear if Somebody made a phone call and said, shut it all
down...

So, call me paranoid if you'd like, but that resolve is the main reason
we've continued to stumble along in this less-than-ideal state, trapped
between my desires for security and control, and my inability thus far
to implement one of the many superior options that are possible.

Hope springs eternal that as my health and mental agility continue to
improve, I will succeed in finding or building us a new home that will
be more to everyone's liking, mine included.

Meanwhile, I pray you will forgive me for my admitted shortcomings (to
accompany my acknowledged strengths, just so y'all don't have to say
it! <grin>) and continue to be patient with the clunky interface.

You all keep amazing me with your knowledge, generosity, cooperation,
and the timeliness of your suggestions! I can't count how often I've
seen the answer swing by in passing, just as I'd begun to research a
particular question! Amazing! <smile>

If anybody has a trustworthy, high-end web developer in their pocket,
willing to work for free or very near to it, y'all let me know, okay?

Peace,

Mike D.
silver-list curator and antiquarian...

Archives: