thanks much Marshall

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to forward to others.

           * * * * FLASH TRAFFIC: WASHINGTON UPDATE * * * *

                       REPORT FROM ISRAEL, PART 1: WILL PEACE TALKS DISTRACT
NETANYAHU FROM THE IRAN THREAT?

* FYI, I will be interviewed on Janet Parshall's radio show at 5:30pm eastern
Wednesday.

* Just posted on the weblog: Why I oppose the burning of the Qur'an

                       By Joel C. Rosenberg

                       (Washington, D.C., September 8, 2010) -- L'shana tova.
Happy New Year to all of our Israeli friends. May the year ahead be sweet and
safe and blessed, and may the Lord draw you ever closer to His heart. You are
always in our prayers. Our family is looking forward to celebrating with apples
and honey tonight as we thank the God of Israel for His great love and pray for
the peace of Jerusalem.

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, His holy
mountain. Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion in
the far north, the city of the Great King." (Psalm 48:1-2)

Lynn and our sons and I just returned from a very full and wonderful two weeks
in Israel. In addition to baptizing our youngest son, Noah (6 years old), in
the Mediterranean, packing two and a half tons of food in The Joshua Fund
warehouse, and distributing boxes of food to needy Jewish families in
Jerusalem, we had the opportunity to meet with a wide range of Jewish leaders,
Christian leaders, and Israeli government officials. We were there in the
run-up to the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks in Washington, and as the peace
talks began. We were on Highway 60 the day after five Israeli citizens
(including an unborn baby) were murdered by Hamas terrorists on that very same
road, and on the same day that another Israeli married couple was shot at and
severely wounded on Highway 60, as well. It was both a fascinating and sobering
time to be in the Land and we thank the Lord for every moment of our time
there. Thanks to all of you who prayed for us.

In this first of several reports, I wanted to share with you a few thoughts on
Netanyahu, the Palestinians, and Iran:

1.The apocalpytic End Times theology of Iran's leaders and their feverish
pursuit of nuclear weapons -- not the Palestinian people -- pose an existential
threat to the State of Israel. Time is running out. The latest IAEA report
indicates Iran has enough enriched uranium to build at least three nuclear
bombs.

2.Yet, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu seems more publicly focused on the
Palestinians in recent months, not Iran. He is saying publicly that he believes
Israel can reach an historic peace agreement with the Palestinians within one
year. Does he really believe this? Is he being distracted from the Iran threat?

3.I see three possible scenarios:

a) Netanyahu is suffering from what I call "Zechariah 12 Syndrome";

b) Netanyahu is playing the "peace process game" to satisfy the White House and
build U.S. and Western support for a coming strike on Iran; or

c)Netanyahu genuinely sees something almost no one else sees.

Let's take each scenario one by one....

[To read the rest of this report, please go to the weblog --
http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/]

------------------

STEP INTO THE STORY: Please pray about coming with us on The Joshua Fund prayer
& vision trip to Israel next May, and attending the 2011 Epicenter Conference
in Jerusalem. Many people might think that's crazy in light of the growing
regional tensions, but I believe we as followers of Jesus Christ should be
praying for, going to, and standing with Israel because of the growing
tensions. As the rest of the world turns away from the Jewish State, let us
move closer to our Israeli and Palestinian friends with the courage and
compassion the Lord gives us.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO PASTORS AND MINISTRY LEADERS: If you would like to lead your
own tour to Israel in May 2011 and bring your guests to the 2011 Epicenter
Conference, we would love for you to do this! In fact, our tour agency --
Inspiration Cruises & Tours -- would be glad to help you design and promote
such a tour and have many turn-key options available for you. Details available
at www.joshuafund.net.

                       Learn more about The Joshua Fund's "Prayer & Vision
Tour" to Israel and the 2011 Epicenter Conference in Jerusalem (and watch an
on-line video describing it all)

                       Help The Joshua Fund teach Christians around the world
about God's love and plan Israel and her neighbors, and help us distribute
food, clothing, medical supplies and other humanitarian relief.

                       Purchase a DVD set of the presentations at the 2010
Epicenter Conference.

                       Joel's website/weblog -- www.joelrosenberg.com.

                       Pre-order "The Twelfth Imam."

unsubscribe to this publication, just reply to this message and
put "unsubscribe" somewhere in the subject line. You
can also unsubscribe by clicking here.