The minute power is removed from the electrodes, conductivity starts dropping and may drop as much as 50% Once it has stopped dropping. then the uS number is about the same number as derived by a device that actually measures PPM.

A "PPM" [TDS] meter roughly doubles the uS value of the solution.

Beyond around 30 uS, PPM/TDC and EC meters become pretty much useless as more and more ions are forced to become non-conductive particulates in that super saturated media.

Ken