"Mike Monett" <mrmon...@pstca.com> wrote:

>Yes, this is called iontophoresis. For example, copper is an excellent
>antibiotic. Hwever, it corrodes easily and can pick up all kinds of
>unwanted contamination. This would be injected into the flesh along with
>the copper ions.
>
>The velocity of the copper ions is very low since the applied
>electromagnetic field is so small. The ions would have to migrate through
>the small space between the cells and won't get very far. So the volume of
>flesh involved is very low, and mainly just the area in the immediate
>vicinity of the positive electrode.
>
>The negative electrode releases hydrogen gas and hydroxide ions, the same
>as in regular silver electrolysis and the electrolysis of water.
>
>The current for iontophoresis is very low, perhaps in the hundreds of
>microamperes. The amount of copper released into the skin is very small.
>
>You can do a Faraday calculation to see how much is delivered.
>
>For example, a current of 250uA for 45 minutes would deliver about 22ppm to
>a volume of 1 cubic centimeter.
>
>This might be of some use for infections that are close to the surface,
>such as abcesses and tooth problems, etc. However, using a high-ionic cs
>sublingually will work much better for dental problems and also work with
>the immune system to kill pathogens throughout the body.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike Monett

The copper ions would have one significant advantage over silver in
iontophoresis.

Silver ions combine with the chlorine from the sodium and potassium salts
in the blood plasma and form silver chloride, AgCl. The equation is

Ag+ + OH- + Na+ + Cl- --> AgCl + Na+ + OH-

AgCl is mostly insoluble and precipitates out as a white solid. Here is an
example of a Salt Test after sublingual absorption compared to the same cs
raw. Note the sublingual dispersion is a bit darker, but both dispersions
completely block the black card behind the shot glass:

http://silvercentral.org/zimag/3f0c5ab2.jpg

This shows very little silver is absorbed into the bloodstream, only 25
parts per billion in a typical male. This is far too low to have any effect
on pathogens, certainly viruses, but it is all that is needed for the
immune system to do its job.

Silver chloride is much less effective as an antibiotic than plain Ag+. I
have heard numbers of 300 times less effective up to 10,000 times poorer.

Copper doesn't have this problem, and is apparently second only to silver
as an antibiotic.

The reason copper avoids the problem is the huge solubility of copper(II)
chloride. It is 75.7 g/100 mL at 25C. I expect the equation would be

Cu++ + 2OH- + 2Na+ + 2Cl- --> CuCl2 + 2NaOH

or something like that. But the CuCl2 would remain in solution at only 25
ppm, so the result would be Cu-- + 2Cl-, and the copper would be free to
attack pathogens.

The only problem is getting pure samples of copper and keeping them clean.

So for a localized infection, copper might be worth trying. For other
infections, or anything to do with viruses, sublingual silver might be more
effective.

Thanks,

Mike Monett

Archives: