Actually, the study showed reduced urine pH, indicating more efficient
elimination of acidic waste products, thereby alkalizing the body.

One approach to alkalizing is to accelerate the rate of ingestion of
alkaline material such a bicarbonate.  A second approach is to
accelerate the rate of elimination of acids.  That is what magnetized
water does.

The company you linked to that sells the magnetizer products I am sure
is affiliated with Peter Kulish who happens to have also been involved
in the study I am referring to:
http://greenmagnetfoundation.org/magnetized_water_on_kidney_function

There is a Dr. Lam who claims that magnetized water eventually almost
normalizes high uric acid in people with kidney failure.  I recently
advised someone with kidney failure to start it, and their next blood
test did show urea reduced by like 40 points.  It could have been
responsible, though he was doing other things too.

An interesting thing about accelerating the elimination of acids is
that there is no way you can possibly overdo it.  Your body knows what
needs to get eliminated.  But with ingesting alkaline material, there
is theoretically a way to overdo it.

David