Um, don't think so.  According to some articles the only way to get a high
ph (anything over neutral) is if the water has a lot of minerals in it.
That's why the expensive machines also have a setting for dropping in liquid
minerals so that as the water makes the ph it stays.

Best CS is made when there's very little of anything in the water.  So I
have to wonder if adding minerals to water to get and stabilize the higher
ph, if that would exclude good CS.

Maybe I'll ask this on Mike's silver list.  It's a good question.

Samala,

Renee

Anyhow, I suppose one could run DW through an alkalizer and then use that to
brew CS.