You always have to have something in the middle to keep the flow of water
'out' of the other container.  Some use sponges, some use pure cotton wadded
up, some use chamois cloth.  Since one container is acid and one alkaline
water, if they were to flow across and mix freely you wouldn't have acid or
alkaline-it may easily be neutral.  But you do need something that allows
the current to flow across-hence the filter in between.

There's some good videos on making your own alkalizer, one place where you
can buy a nice looking set up for around $150 but all of these suggest
stainless steel or titanium.  Titanium is actually better, but according to
this site

http://www.freshandalive.com/fresh_and_alive_content/products-ionizer-fna-2g
.htm  you should really get platinum coated titanium, which can be hard to
source.  He shows a vid of 'plain' titanium being etched away by this
electric process.

The image he shows of the titanium in the vid is a long half-pipe looking
piece, yet the close up on his actually for-sale machine looks like a little
one inch piece.  I wrote him asking about this discrepancy and he said the
long pipe was to show how much the titanium got eaten away along the edges,
and that the coated small piece will NEVER wear out-because I had asked him
about replacement times.

So it would seem to me that for the money from his site you'd actually be
getting the best device, plus I'm thinking you could use these coated
titanium pieces and the electric plug for making a foot bath device.  Yeah,
you'd have to clean the electrodes VERY good, but-since the coated
electrodes never wear out you'd be getting 2 devices for pretty much one
price.  For the foot baths all you'd need to buy would be 2 plastic shoe
boxes.  Seems like a good deal.

 Supposedly the cost for his unit is because of the coated titanium.  I
think this may be true because as I searched around for a supply for the
coated titanium all I could find was 1 inch pieces (which is what his looks
like) at $65 each-so that's 130 just in the titanium.  So less than a
hundred for the containers, the plug in and the cotton wad filter.  You
could probably find these things for cheaper, but if someone didn't want to
mess gathering parts from all over his is the best deal out there.  The $150
one uses titanium, if I remember right, but it's not coated and eventually
you'll have to replace the electrodes.

Samala,

Renee

From: David AuBuchon [mailto:aubuchon.da...@gmail.com]

Do DIY alkalizers like this really work?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Water-Alkalizer-or-Ioniser-for-5/?ALLSTEPS

Sounds like a big money saver over commerical products.  Assuming they have
value to begin with.