  From: Pat
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:19 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Spay Incontinence in Dogs

  Spay Incontinence
  After a female dog is spayed, their level of the female hormone, estrogen, is
significantly lower. Estrogen plays a part in constricting the sphincter
muscles dogs use to urinate. The lack of estrogen means a lack of that tone
needed to control her sphincter. The adrenal glands also produce estrogen,
albeit in small amounts. This is usually enough to keep the sphincter muscles
working properly, but in about 20% of cases, this isn't so. Male dogs also
suffer this (with the lack of testosterone) however it's not generally as much
of a problem as it is with female dogs.

  Read more: Spay Incontinence in Dogs - VetInfo