Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:25:02 -0400
Subject: Re: CS>Heat increasing ppm.
From: loukra...@gmail.com
To: silver-list@eskimo.com

Yes, I am certain now that it is the conductivity that is showing on my ppm
meter.  That being the case, and if most ppm meters are being calibrated for
NaCl (I have read), how do I get an accurate Ag ppm assessment of my finished
product?  Using a standard TDS meter and the fact that there is a difference in
conductivity between NaCl and Ag, how does the reading (10ppm) actually apply
for Ag ppm.
This prompts the questions - Is there a device (meter or way) for measuring ppm
Ag. more accurately. If I am missing the point here with this just let me know.
 It just seemed logical.Thanks, Lou

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Marshall <mdud...@king-cart.com> wrote:

    It is impossible for the ppm to change with temperature.  PPM is a
    constant, unless you have some settling out, or the water is
    evaporating.  How are you measuring the ppm?  Remember conductivity
    increases significantly with temperature, so if you are measuring
    conductivity you are measuring a change in conductivity with
    temperature.

    Marshall