Mine are that way, though they improved at one stage, but I can't remember what I was doing at the time.

As a girl, I was told it was an arthritic thing, and not to eat this that and the other.

Some biochemics might help - all twelve in one, perhaps, while you read the links posted on the subject, as I will myself.

On 2/11/2012 8:02 PM, Jane MacRoss wrote:
Cracked & brittle nails do you think this is always a fungal problem? I just thought it was hereditary? My toe nails are totally crippled & awful- only moons anywhere on hands or feet are on the thumbs, which are very vertically ridged so much so they often split - again I assumed with was hereditary? Biotin hasn't really helped yet. Any suggestions? (homeopathy hasn't helped either with Causticum & Graphites) I was hoping that diatomaceous earth might help but I so rarely have cold drinks I haven't really started taking it yet.
Jane

    *From:* Melly Bag <mailto:tita_...@yahoo.com>

Tea Tree Oil should be good for fungus IF you use a carrier oil. From the post i read the best carrier oil to use is Jojoba Oil
    because it is very thin and can get through the nails.  I did use
    it on my very brittle cracked nails on my hands and it seems to
    help, the problem is i kept forgetting to apply regularly.
    Melly