My 'everything but the kitchen sink' routine when I feel that first
throat/nasal 'tickle' is
oscillococcinum, CS, Sambucol (original formula) and Vit C.  Except for the
Vit C, I give it about 15 minutes between taking each product, holding them
in my mouth as long as possible. And, knock on wood, I haven't had a cold
in quite a few years now.  I use the same on hubby and it works for him
too.  Just getting him to let me know when he feels that first tickle is
the trick..lol.
When I have been around someone with a cold, even if I don't feel like I am
coming down with something, I often take a few doses of Airborne for a day
or so, just as a precaution.    Lola H.