From: PT Ferrance [mailto:ptf2...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:57 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Juice fasts...

Hi Mike,
I don't do juice fasts because when I was in Acupuncture school we saw too
many long term vegetarians and raw foodists with severe health issues whose
systems had to be trained to digest other foods again.  Digestion is
basically a fermentation process.  That means that when we eat our bodies
must bring the temperature (physical and thermodynamic) of the food to the
temperature of the body in order to ferment/digest it.  If the food is
physically or thermodynamically cold it must be warmed and that takes
energy.  Over time the digestive system becomes impacted and functions less
efficiently and health issues ensue.
Very simplified to be sure but still true.
PT

  _____