Dearest listers!

Steve wrote:
> I actually feel that CS PRO prices are extremely reasonable if you
> are looking for a turn-key solution.
>
> There's definitely a place for both manufactured and home-made
> approaches and everything in between

In the whole "debate" over HV vs LV, AC vs DC the bottom line has
always been that they both work well enough to be worth continued
study.

Bruce Marx has done a marvelous job from everything I've seen. I'd
happily pay 350 bucks for the unit Steve describes if I chose to buy
such a system. He's done the necessary engineering and development to
make it a reliable product and to characterize the CS it makes well
enough for you to know reasonably well what you're getting.

However, like nearly *every* vendor in the market, he claims his
product is best (which indeed it may be), *and* that others are
*bad*. Now, this is natural from a marketing standpoint, and I'm
sure describes *some* of the competition very well, but it isn't the
whole story.

Even the crudest low voltage DC products, even those using salt as an
accelerant, seem to have provided benefits to plenty of folks, and
we've yet to see anyone injured by them.

The present consensus LVDC recipe, with some manner of current
limiting rather than constant voltage and using only distilled water,
appears to generate CS that is effective and has a long shelf life.
Given the color, it appears to be a larger average particle size than
the HVAC product, but that doesn't seem to preclude folks reporting
good results with it.

And, again, we've still to hear from folks being hurt by it, either.

If you look at some of Bob Berger's results, you'll see that it's
possible to make a decent concentration of clear, and presumably
small particle CS by a LVDC process, albeit with some extra bells and
whistles required. But the CSPro units are microprocessor controlled,
so who's going to complain about a little complexity, hm?

To repeat, the bottom line remains both HVAC and LVDC work well
enough to be worth continued study. It's very helpful to review the
points that have been brought up in this thread. Everyone needs to
understand it to get past the inevitable marketing biases.

To each his own, and to all, better health!

Be well,

Mike D.

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]