Hello Ron.

Whatever you do, never, ever use DMSO rectally.  It is  a 'carrier' and you
don't want any bacteria
from your large intestines getting into any other part of your body.

You might check out D-Mannose available at places like VitaCost and
Swansons Vitamins assuming the cause of your
bladder infections aren't from some strange, exotic bugs.  :)
http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-and-kidney-infections/

"D-mannose is a naturally occurring simple sugar, closely related (in
chemical terms, a “stereoisomer”) to glucose. Small amounts of D-mannose
are metabolized by our bodies; more than small amounts are excreted
promptly into the urine. But how can even large quantities of a simple
natural sugar do anything at all to cure over 90% of all bladder and
urinary tract infections?

The answer is found in the interaction between D-mannose and the bacterium
found in over 90% of all bladder infections, Escherichia coli (“E. coli”).
[No, that's not the infamous E. coli mutant associated with unsanitary food
processing that's hospitalized and killed people. It's the normal E. coli
found as part of the "normal microflora" in every intestinal tract.] But
even normal E. coli don’t belong in the bladder and urinary tract; in these
areas it multiplies and becomes an undesirable infection.

But why doesn’t the normal downflow of urine from the kidneys through the
ureters into the bladder and thence beyond simply carry the E. coli right
along with it? What allows the E. coli to “stick” to the inner walls of the
bladder and even work their way upward (like “Spiderman”) in some cases
reaching as far as the kidneys?

The “cell walls” of each E. coli are covered with tiny fingerlike
projections. The very tips of these projections are an amino acid-sugar
complex, a “glycoprotein” also called a “lectin”. E. coli “lectins” have
the unfortunate (for us) capability of “sticking” the bacteria to the
inside walls of our bladders and urinary tracts, so they can’t be rinsed
out by urination.

Unfortunately for the E. coli, D-mannose “sticks” to E. coli lectins even
better than E. coli lectins “stick” to human cells. When we take a large
quantity of D-mannose, almost all of it spills into the urine through our
kidneys, literally “coating” any E.coli present so they can no longer
“stick” to the inside walls of the bladder and urinary tract. The E. coli
are literally rinsed away with normal urination!"

read more...
http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-and-kidney-infections/

Do your research.  If this helps, you may have to stay on a lower
maintenance dose to remain free of infections.

Lola H.