From: John Popelish <jpopel...@gmail.com>
Date: 02/08/2014  23:40  (GMT+00:00)
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>New pulse generator design

I joined this group because I have been experimenting with
what I think is a novel high frequency pulse CS generator
circuit.  I am hoping to get some discussion of the effect
of applied waveform to the quality of CS produced.

Some specifics about the generator operation:

Pulse pulse repetition rate is settable over a wide range of
frequency.  Presently I am running it at about 62 pulses per
second.

Pulse shape is roughly a half sine wave for loads above
about 10,000 ohms.

Open circuit, the peak output voltage is over 200 volts and
lasts for about 32 microseconds.

Short circuited, the pulse is am exponentially decaying
shape with a time constant of about 1 millisecond and a peak
current of about 200 milliamps.

Output current peaks at about 20 milliamps for a 10,000 ohm
load and at about 2 milliamps for a 100,000 ohm load.

The generator runs on a single 9 volt battery which lasts
about a week of continuous operation, with a 10,000 ohm
load.  Any power that is not used to pass current through
the electrodes is returned to the battery, after each pulse.

Almost all pulse parameters can be adjusted by component
change.  The circuit is quite adaptable.

The production rate is slow enough that no stirring seems
necessary (a few days to produce a pint of solution in
distilled water, with a strong metallic taste).

Very little oxide or dross is produced.

I intend to make the design public information and may sell
a few prototype units, at cost (about $10), as a service to
beta testers, if interest warrants that.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

--
Regards,

John Popelish

Archives: