On 08/03/2014 03:12 PM, asifnathekar wrote:
My concern is that... By the sounds if it.. You can't
control current This has been the most important part of
CS production in terms of favouring a high ionic brew
Which is what most of us would prefer, unless you have
some other use for it of course.

Actually, since the current comes from an inductor, not directly from the battery, the current can be set, over a wide range, just by how long the circuit charges the inductor up with current, before the pulse. A constant voltage across an inductor ramps its current up, in proportion to the ramp time.

A simple timer circuit sets both this ramp charge time and the time until the next pulse (repetition rate). So this circuit has an inherently more current regulated output than just a battery with a resistor. I don't know, yet if powerful, but brief (10s of microseconds) current pulses, separated by relative long (milliseconds) rest times does a better or worse job of creating ionic or colloidal silver than the same average current, applied steadily. That is really what this experiment is about. I'm trying to find out any time dependency or resonances involved in electrolytically releasing silver from the electrodes.

Also are you looking to
produce an AC signal from a single battery? Then the beck
design of zapper is for you. I do not use voltage
multiplying bridges or inducters but a DC to DC converter
to up my voltages. The beck design flips the polarity of
its outputs as it doesn't output a 0v Its very smart and
it works.. I've got schematics if anyone wants..

I would very much like to see that schematic, by email, or by link.

I have two distinct ways of outputting nearly zero average voltage (balance of forward and reverse volt seconds).

If I connect the electrodes across the inductor, then the solution sees not only the discharge pulse, but the charging and energy recovery, reverse 9 volt porches, before and after the high voltage pulse.

If I block the charge and recovery voltages from the electrodes by a diode, (only positive discharge pulse goes to electrode) but build a second similar pulse generator that fires, alternately into the other electrode, making a completely symmetrical circuit, then the average voltage is almost exactly zero. I haven't built such a circuit yet, so I don't know if it has any advantage for double the complexity.

--
Regards,

John Popelish