Ivan-

>Do you mean 3ppm TDS or 3uS.

3ppm

>I must say that even my dw that has been around for months still reads
>1uS.

I should clarify. The 3ppm is due to the calibration technique
required by the 3-electrode CS Systems Phaser unit I'm using.
Baking soda is added to pure water to bring the conductivity up to
3ppm (measured by the TDS meter).   The Phaser won't work
without an initial conductivity that is roughly equivalent
to 3ppm.

This initial  3ppmTDS measurement corresponds to 6uS on the PWT
meter -  which correlates to the conversion that Hanna gave me of
1ppm = 2 uS when measuring dissolved solids in water.

Does this make any sense at all?!!?

cheers,  Steve King