A common side effect of a course of antibiotics is diarrhea which is why
one is encouraged to take probiotics or eat a lot of yogurt with live
cultures to
replace the gut flora and fauna.  Antibiotics kill off everything.. the
good and the bad, not 100% of course, but enough to cause problems.  People
who take a lot of antibiotics or very, very strong antibiotics can, on rare
occassions,  develop C-diff... a condition that can cause constant
diarrhea.  The cure is, beleive it or not, a fecal transplant..lol.. I
know.. yuck.   Some pain medications can cause horrific constipation due to
the pain medications putting everything to 'sleep', so to speak.

Many folks with constipation need to drink plenty of water and eat fiber
foods to give the gut lubrication and bulk.  I have taken cs for twenty
years or
more off and on and never have had it cause any gut issues.  When I take
DMSO, I can get just a little constipated since DMSO displaces water in
cells.
Supposedly, taking magnesium can cause loose stools as can mega-doses of
Vit. C.  Everyone is different, of course, and will react differently to
situations.  Lola H.